Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The reason I like this poem

The reason I like the following poem is that it strikes me as the kind of thing that a person at the kind of dinner-party I wish I were invited to (but never will/should be) might say that would initially amuse and delight me on an objective level, but subsequently on a subjective level tempt me to revile and slander the person who said it because "they are the real murderer:"

The reason I like
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Is that her name.
Sounds like a basketball
Falling downstairs.

The reason I like
Walt Whitman
Is that his name
Sounds like
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Falling Downstairs.


("The reason I like" by David Mamet)

Hey, why is all the heat on me now? You know i didn't do it, Columbo... Throw me a friggin bone here... You think just because you put on a white tux you're one of THEM?

Tell them it was Mamet! Tell them it was Mamet!

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Love it :) ♥

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit poem but good Buckley bits around it. 5/10

Yeah, I had a sandwich with Buckley bits once. It was ... chewy.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah great, hurry the fuck up and post something else to the website. I'm getting tired of hell of having to jack off to that picture of Hank Jones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home