Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Flexi-time, did you ever know?

On Monday I was in work by nine and I felt so damn good having slept so damn well that a bag of liquorice allsorts spilled out on the road struck me as a work of art and I took in the sight with all the delight of a child with a bag of sweets. The weather was mild, the streets were dry, and I was about as full as I can be of life on a Monday morning. Ah sleep. It really does a body good.

Predictably I've abused my new-found friend and have tapped into my sleep/happy-reserves over Monday and Tuesday nights coming in shy of the oft-recommended eight hours thanks to my delight in going out for a social drinky most week nights. I would have offended my aforementioned new friend more gravely were it not for the services of my old pal flexi-time who not only doesn't mind getting stood up, positively relishes it!

"Flexi-time, today I praise and thank you. Not only am I still in relavtive favour with sleep, I also managed to take a little break on the way to work this morning while I waited for the rain to subside. Frankly, you're only smashin. If only you weren't so friendly with work. That work is so damn boring and time-consuming! Well I know you guys go way back and I'm only using work for money so in many ways you have the moral upper hand, but....but....but....oh I can't criticise you. You're wonderful. The very wind beneath my...eh...shoes. Did you ever know that you're my hero? "

"What do you mean you thought you were my hero? No, Quasi-Mojo, you're not. You're a naughty stinky monkey. Don't look at me like that. You know what you did..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home