Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Travelogue Chapter 3: Portland Oregon, USA

Dear readers,

day fiveish/sixish. I am now living with Kerry (pronounced 'kiri'), who is an improv comedienne. And yes, I do think that's pretty funny! LIfe is, as Gump of
course famously said, like a box of chocolates: Even if it get knocks out of your hand and its contesnts scattered all over the ground, you can usually salvage quite a lot of it, it doesn't taste too bad, and you might even find some discarded change or other treasures while you're down here. Kerry's nice. And I'm really glad that about this. It'll certainly be much more comfy than the hostel. I saw her act. She had quite a range from 'kid divorcing her mother' to 'leather shoe addict' to 'squirl making a living through sex appeal and a bushy tail'.

Could someone please send me a list of how animals' names are spelt? It's a real weak-point for me.

And here's another serendipity: I had, by chance, met the local bartender, Ryan, in Dublin a few months ago. He came on my tour of the gaol. To him I am most most grateful for the hangover i am now suffering from - which was procurred at a very very low personal cost (present headache, mild ausea and blearyeyedness excepted).

I went busking a little bit after i sent the email. I was just playing to relax and cheer myself up more than anytihng else. Didn't pick a very busy spot; Just outside the library where I go online. I made one dollar and about a third of a bag of American Spirit tobacco. Cool.

Last night in my drunken slumber i had the returning sensation that i was sharing my bed with a rodent of some description. All became clear in the morning, as the smell from my blanket (which I had put on top of the hostel's ones because i had been cold the night before) came to meet my already sensitive stomach. I had shook myself free of my hairy nemesis - but its scent stalks me still. It seems the f-creature had been sleeping in it.

All in I'm very happy now. I've met some great people and I'm having fun Everything, as they say, is coming up Millhouse.

James.

*If you wish to unsubscribe to this travelogue, please reply with "Qu'est ce
que le Millhouse?" in the subject line.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home